The Current has been granted several sources of state and local funding to do two projects at our location. The Town of Rockingham is contributing additional supplies and services on an in-kind basis for the Park & Ride as well.
Construct a 47-space park and ride facility with electrical plugs, a bus shelter, and handicapped spaces.
Build a four-bay addition onto the existing garage, and complete substantial renovations to the office wing. The project will feature:
- A new wash and drying bay
- New mechanical bays
- Additional indoor vehicle storage bays
- A new gas and diesel fueling system
WHO IS DESIGNING AND BUILDING THIS PROJECT FACILITY?
- Architect: Maclay Architects, Waitsfield, Vermont
- Civil engineering: Dubois & King, Randolph, Vermont
- Project Manager: Steve Horton, Walpole, New Hampshire
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineer: Pearson & Associates, Stowe, Vermont
- Structural Engineer: Engineering Ventures, Burlington, Vermont
WHO IS FUNDING THIS PROJECT?
- The Federal Transit Administration
- The Vermont Agency of Transportation
- The Town of Rockingham
Local funding agencies to be determined
- Complete the park and ride project by October 1, 2016
- Install a new vehicle fueling system by January 15, 2017
- Complete the building addition and office renovations by December 31, 2017
Click here to see the proposed layout of our new building New Building Layout
We will update the website as soon as more information is available. Thanks for your interest!