The Current is pleased to announce that we have a new Trip Planner feature on our website. You can now enter a starting point i.e. address, business name, etc. and an ending point to your trip, pick a departure or arrival time and date and the planner will display all the options you have available using The Current. To use the Trip Planner, just click on the yellow banner on our home page and enter your information.
The Deerfield Valley Transit Association will hold its 2015 Annual Meeting at 9:00 am Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at its new garage on 45 Mill Street, Wilmington, Vermont. The purpose of the meeting is to elect officers, appoint committee memberships, receive any annual reports, and any other business as the Board sees fit.
The agenda is:
- Public input
- Election of officers
- Committee appointments
- Any reports from the Directors or Staff
- Any other business that is legally presented
- at the meeting that the Board approves
The Deerfield Valley Transit Association’s Board of Directors will hold a Board meeting at the offices of Connecticut River Transit located on 706 Rockingham Road, Rockingham, Vermont. The meeting will begin at 3:00 pm on Monday, January 12, 2015.
A Meeting of the Board of Directors for Connecticut River Transit, Inc. (CRT) will be held on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at approximately 8:10 AM. The regular meeting of the Connecticut River Board will convene immediately following a Special Meeting for the purposes of revising the by-laws of Connecticut River Transit. The meeting will be held at the office of CRT, 706 Rockingham Road, Rockingham, Vermont 05101.
The Special Meeting between CRT and DVTA scheduled for December 10th has been rescheduled to December 15, 2014 at 1:00pm
The session will be held at the Grand Summit Hotel 89 Grand Summit Way, West Dover, VT 05356
The October Board meeting will be held on October 23rd at 4:00pm. The location is at the CRT office, 760 Rockingham St. Rockingham, Vermont
The CRT and DVTA Boards will have a joint board meeting at 10:00 am on September 22, 2014 at the Grand Summitt Hotel 89 Grand Summitt Way West Dover, Vermont 05356
A Meeting of the Board of Directors for Connecticut River Transit, Inc. (CRT) will be held on Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The meeting will be held at the office of CRT, 706 Rockingham Road, Rockingham, Vermont 05101. This meeting will be held jointly with Board members of the Deerfield Valley Transit Authority (DVTA) and representatives of the Vermont Agency of Transportation. The sole agenda item for this meeting will be to continue discussions of a merger of DVTA and CRT.
Planned CRT-DVTA Transit Merger
Since September 16, 2013, the Deerfield Valley Transit Association (DVTA), which operates public transit in the Deerfield Valley, has been managing Connecticut River Transit’s (CRT’s) southeastern Vermont transit service under a management of services contract. Once the two began working together, there were many indications that the two agencies could be more effective if they combined forces. To further explore this potential, the boards and key staff from both agencies, with assistance from VTrans and a consultant, have been discussing the feasibility, benefits, and other impacts of a merger. At the most recent meeting on August 1, the boards of CRT and DVTA decided to proceed with a merger to:
- Provide a stronger foundation to improve transit service in southeastern Vermont
- Better leverage the strengths of each organization to improve service delivery and customer service
- Reduce duplicate administrative tasks, such as auditing, marketing, procurement, and grant applications
- Produce a stronger, more financially sustainable system
Many details of the merger are still being worked out. However, key elements include:
- As is currently the case with both CRT and DVTA, the new organization will be a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
- The name of the new organization has not yet been determined, but services will continue to be provided using the The Current and MOOver brands.
- The merged organization will have an up to 10-member board, with equal representation from what are now the CRT and DVTA service areas.
- Randy Schoonmaker, who is currently the General Manager of DVTA and is now managing CRT services through the Management Services Agreement, will be the General Manager of the new agency.
- The new organization will have two operating divisions–a Rockingham Division and a Wilmington Division. Some administrative functions will be merged to reduce duplication and to expand capabilities in areas such as public information, customer service, and planning. Administrative personnel will continue to be physically based at both locations. All employees will continue to be provided with the same pay and benefits.
- No personnel reductions will occur–savings achieved through efficiencies will be used to expand efforts in areas where improvements are needed.
Over the short-term, passengers will not see any changes, and they will continue to use the same buses operating on the same routes with the same names at the same times and with the same drivers.
Over time, once the new organization becomes established, it will place a greater emphasis on improving service. These changes will evolve over time and will likely involve improvements such as better coordination of Moover and The Current services, and increased service levels made possible through a reduction in administration duplication and operational efficiencies such as shifting services between bases.
CRT and DVTA intend for the new 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation to begin business on October 1, 2014. At that time, CRT and DVTA will become wholly owned subsidiaries of the new organization and maintain separate finances through the end of this fiscal year (June 30, 2015). Beginning on July 1, 2015, the two subsidiaries will be dissolved and all finances, functions, and personnel will be merged into the new “parent” organization.
For more information, please contact:
The CRT and DVTA Boards will have a joint board meeting at 9:30 am on Aug 1, 2014 at the Grand Summitt Hotel 89 Grand Summitt Way West Dover, vermont 05356